Yellowtail or any lean, white fish fillets, 1 lb.
1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onions
Juice from 4 limes
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3-4 drops hot pepper sauce
1. Cut fish into strips.
2. Place fish and onions in a non reactive bowl.
3. Mix lime juice, salt, pepper, and hot sauce together and pour over fish.
4. Place in fridge for at least 12 hours. 24 - 36 hours is better.
5. Stir mixture periodically.
6. Serve on lettuce leaves garnished with sliced green peppers and limes or just spear with toothpicks for a less formal presentation.
It's the lime juice that "cooks" the fish.